Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Little Comedian

Brandt has always had the funnest personality. Now that he is getting older and talking a lot better, he says the most hilarious things. For example, the other day I was on the floor playing with blocks with him. We were stacking them up and suddenly he puts his hand out in front of him and says, "stand back ladies!" to my mom and me. He then proceeded in knocking over the blocks. If he doesn't think we're giving him the attention he deserves, he will emphatically say something like "guys, listen to me!" or "pay attention!" This is often done with hands on hips like a miniature adult. Monday when I got home from work I went to give him a kiss and he moved, so I said "buddy, didn't you miss me today?" He answered with, "no, I was at mamaw's. Then daddy came to get me." I inquired a little further with, "daddy came and got you, huh?" He held his hands out and very dramatically answered, "you were at work and the grocery store!" It was as if he was saying, "duh, mom, of course daddy came and got me since you obviously weren't going to." I actually hadn't even gone to the store that day, so not sure where he got that from, but it was funny anyway. He is such a tease, a trait I'm pretty sure he got from Bryce, and is constantly tickling us or taking something (like Bryce's hat or the remote) and running away with it hollering to come and try and get him. Often when I get to my mom's to pick him up he has locked the front door and is standing at the window watching me try to open the door and totally cracking up. His new favorite thing is when we ask him what we should name baby sister he almost always answers first with "papa Lloyd." Then I tell him that's already grandpa's name and he goes on down the list naming everyone he knows, giggling the entire time. He is definitely all boy, and thinks it's the funniest thing in the world if he toots, especially if he's sitting on your lap, and always makes a point to announce it. When he has a messy diaper he will say "oooh, I smell like dog poop, I smell like skunk poop, I smell like cow poop..." and the list goes on. My favorite is when he says "I smell like T poop." T is what he calls my little brother. :) Not only is he a tease, but he is also the biggest ham. He loves to entertain anyone who comes for a visit, especially his cousins, and the more he gets a reaction, the more he shows off. When we were at my mom and dad's for Christmas, he thought it was so fun to make Amanda Jean laugh. She's very dramatic and would cover her mouth with her hand and laugh hysterically at every little thing he did. This of course pleased him to no end, encouraged him to continue his antics, and made the rest of us laugh as well. Now Brandt copies the way she covered her mouth and laughed at him when he thinks something is funny. Oh how I wish I could spend every day watching him and enjoying all the fun things he does, but I guess for now I just have to try my hardest to take advantage of the time I do have with him and keep laughing at the small stuff. I hope I will still be able to do that when there is another little addition at our house to keep up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment