Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Mommy-buddy Date
Brandt had to go to the dentist for his first fillings yesterday, so I decided to get a little one-on-one time in and make a date of it. He's been really struggling with his behavior in the past week or so and we thought maybe he just needed some extra attention. He was so excited for our date and called my mom and dad the night before to see if we could "borrow papa's tractor to drive to our date." :) Date day dawned early as we had to be there at 8 am for his appointment, but he was up bright and early and ready to roll. Once we got there he decided that he didn't need to see Dr. Weston because he "already swallowed the sugar bugs and they went down to mine tummy and down mine leg." After finally talking him into going in, Dr. Weston numbed him up. He did so great for the shot and I was so proud of him! And then.... he refused to let them fix his cavity. I was so bummed that he made it through the hard part and then wouldn't let Dr. Weston do anything after that. Then we went to get his hair cut so he could look handsome for our date. Bombed out on that one as well! Only got a half a cut in before he was ready to be done and was even throwing hair at the girl trying to cut it. That doesn't make for a very happy mommy! I almost called it quits at that point and took him home, but thankfully I stuck it out because the remainder of the day was wonderful! After a good talk about how to behave, he had almost perfect behavior in the grocery store with only one reminder. Then we hit the library. They have the funnest computers for little ones with touch screens so he could play the games without having to work the mouse. We saved the best for last and went to Studebaker's for cheesy sticks- a favorite for both of us. It was so much fun! As we were pulling out he said, "that was a fun date mom, let's do it again!" I agree buddy, minus the dentist and haircut. And the rest of the day was wonderful as well. He napped, was nice to baby, kept his underwear dry, and mostly minded me, which were some of the things we'd been having problems with, so I'm so thankful we continued with our date despite the mishaps in the beginning. I think we'll definitely be making mommy-buddy dates a regular habit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There is no doubt that kids need one-on-one time, as challenging as it is! Way to go Jamie!!!
ReplyDelete