At the end of April I took a couple days off work and headed to Provo with my sis, Jana, and Jane Hillier for BYU Women's conference. It was hard to take time out and leave my kids in order to go, but by the first session I was so thankful I had. It was amazing!!! On Thursday I attended classes on testimony (June Marie Saxton was one of the presenters), on teaching children to have joy in working, and on finding safety in keeping sacred covenants. As we were leaving the closing session that first day, I got a phone call from home letting me know that Brandt had an abcessed tooth and was miserable. What a hard thing to be so far away knowing that I was who he wanted to cuddle him. In my absence a small miracle occurred. Bryce had Jordan Jensen come over and help him give Brandt a blessing. My mom later told me that Bryce blessed him to be able to be comforted and sleep and also that he would be willing to let the dentist look in his mouth and take care of the problem (we don't have a very good track record with Brandt and the dentist. I've taken him 4 times in the past few months just for one little cavity and he absolutely refuses to let them fill it.) Well, soon he was running around and playing again and then he slept through the night. For anyone who knows what it's like to have a toothache, that's a pretty big blessing. The next day Dr. Weston attempted to help, but Brandt again refused to let him even look. So, we were pretty bummed. I finished out the day at Women's conference and attended classes on creating safe and stress-free environments for our children and on bridging the differences in marriage. I know without a doubt that I was meant to be there and attend every class we went to. It was such a spiritual boost! So, back to the toothache.... we kept giving Brandt motrin and amox. through the weekend and then we were able to get him in for a consult with Dr. Doug, a pediatric dentist in Logan, on Monday, April 30th. That is the most awesome office out there! They were so great with my kids and Brandt let him look in his mouth without a fight! We stayed over in a hotel that night and then took him in the next morning to have x-rays and some work done under sedation. They found 5 teeth that needed work and caps; 3 of them were right in the nerve and would have caused some big issues soon. We had only known about 1 of them because they couldn't be seen from the surface. So, I guess you could say that that toothache was a blessing.
 |
Ready to hit the pool at the hotel
 |
| Gotta love dollar store goggles! |
|
 |
| Dr. Doug's office-so fun! |
No comments:
Post a Comment