It's been a couple years since we've had a garden, and despite our busy schedules, I was determined to have one this year. My dad and Bryce were a huge help in putting the perfect little garden spot together in the back corner of our yard. Bryce built a miniature fence around it using some of the old posts that have bordered my grandparents' property (which is now ours) for years but they were starting to rot away and would no longer work to keep the horses in. I love that he was able to find a way to incorporate the history I love into something beautiful as well as useful. The kids and I had a great time working (and playing) in our garden this summer. We left space in the front corner of the garden for Brandt and Kylie to use as their own dirt pile to dig and play in. The kids and I enjoyed watching our plants grow. Of course the best part was harvesting and then eating our yummy veggies. Unfortunately we got a late start in planting and our melons didn't get big enough to eat, but we loved eating everything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment