Sunday, October 6, 2013

Usually what gets me through each day with a smile, or at least without having a giant melt down, is my faith in a loving Heavenly Father who teaches me and tempers me through experiences and trials.  The past couple of weeks have been tough ones for me and this week I was having a harder time feeling that love and hope.  My emotions and anxiety were both closer to the surface than I like them to be, which wasn't helping my patience level with my struggling little family, but especially with myself.  Thankfully I have a great support system including a counselor whom I believe follows the promptings of the spirit as much as he follows the therapy techniques he learned in school and in the years he's been practicing.  After a couple of long talks with him this week, I took his advice and asked someone I love and trust to give me a priesthood blessing.  It's something that had popped into my head a few times lately but I had quickly dismissed the thoughts for some reason.  When he asked me out loud if I had had a blessing recently, the tears started flowing and I knew that was my answer all along and I'd been ignoring it.  It was so nice to be able to come up with a name of who to ask very quickly and to know that not only would he be willing to say yes to my request but that he would also be worthy to fulfill it as a faithful priesthood holder.  I didn't have a chance to talk to him ahead of time and there's no way he could have known the fears of my mind and heart, but when he laid his hands on my head and pronounced a blessing of comfort upon me, he addressed every concern I've been dealing with.  He reminded me that my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and my family and loves us very much.  He told me that I am a good mom and shouldn't question my parenting skills and should continue to trust in the revelations I get concerning my family.  He told me that my husband loves me and that we can strengthen our family together.  He told me that I need to be patient with others but mostly with myself.  He told me to continue to look for the lessons I can learn from my trials and to rely on my faith.  He reminded me that I have a good support system and that I need to let those around me continue to help me with my family.  The feeling of peace and gratitude to a Heavenly Father who loves me and a Savior who understands me completely was almost overwhelming.  They know and care about even the smallest details of my life and of my family, and they want us to succeed as a family and return to them.  How blessed I am to be surrounded by so many who act as instruments in His hands in order to help us along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment