My mom and dad were given the huge task of organizing this year's St. Charles Ward Christmas party and had less than two weeks to plan it. They did an amazing job and arranged a yummy roast beef dinner made by Cooper's restaurant (who kindly donated all of the labor and workers to make it) as well as an entertaining program and a special visit from Santa (or at least his helper, Curtis Keetch, who was here for a visit with his parents). We got to have extra special guests when Rylie and Mckenzie came to stay with my parents and were able to go to the party with us. Dallas and Theresa Arnell helped put together the program which included a violin and flute duet by Fern Nielsen and Caren Howard, singing and guitar playing by Bob and Sheven Andersen, a cowboy Christmas song by Glenn and Linda Transtrum and family, and a medley of Christmas songs by the primary children. Brandt was nervous about going up to sing until Rylie went up and that gave him the courage he needed. While it was a really nice party, I miss the ones when I was growing up. They were such a huge deal-mostly when it came to the program. When I was in primary we would practice our songs and parts for weeks (including during the week, not just on Sunday) and then we would get all decked out in angel, shepherd, wise men, Mary, Joseph, etc. costumes and perform the nativity or another short program that really helped to bring the Christmas spirit. Life is just so busy now but I'm trying hard to make time for some of these things that I feel are really the most important part of Christmas so my children will understand that we celebrate the birth of our Savior, which is more important than the commercialized Christmas of our society today.













No comments:
Post a Comment