Friday, August 8, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House and Ogden Treehouse

Brandt has been begging to go inside the temple since he was just little.  Imagine his excitement when he found out that we were going to do just that.  We got reservations to go to the Ogden Temple open house this morning and reserved a hotel room in Brigham City last night.  Unfortunately, Brandt had a huge meltdown when it was almost time to go and ended up throwing rocks through my back window as well as the back and side window of my mom's car.  Once I got a hold of him, he collapsed into my arms sobbing and apologizing.  What he was saying ranged from being sorry to not wanting everyone to know that he was a bad person and a whole lot of other heartbreaking stuff in between.  With a lot of help, we were able to get everything cleaned up and calmed down enough that Bryce and I could still take the kids and go on our little trip.  We left a lot later than planned and almost cancelled, but I am so thankful that we went.  The next morning in the temple was so peaceful and it was the calmest and happiest that I've seen Brandt in a really long time.  There is an amazing spirit that is present in temples and I'm so thankful that my little family was able to experience that feeling together. I enjoyed walking around the temple grounds afterward and taking pictures of my kids.  Brandt was funny and said with frustration, "mom, all you ever want to do is take pictures, pictures, pictures."  Kylie seemed really tired and only wanted to be carried everywhere by her dad.  We discovered why later when she threw up :(.  She quickly seemed ok again and since she didn't have a fever or anything, we continued on with our plans to go to the Ogden Treehouse Museum.  What a fun place!!  One of the highlights was when we went to watch a play and Brandt was called on to play a part in it.  He did such a great job! There was a quote on the wall that I loved- "The future of the world is in very small hands."  I am determined to do my best to teach the small hands that I am responsible for to do better things in this world than throw rocks at windows and I know that with God it is possible, even if some days it doesn't feel like it is.  I love my family so much and am thankful for the blessing of temple that allows me to be sealed to them forever.
























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment