Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Priorities

Brandt was zoning out watching Pokemon, and I had a choice to make-attempt to clean up the house a little or spend some quality time with my kids.  Imagine the look of shock on his face when I said, "Hey, buddy, turn off Pokemon, let's play the Wii."

It was my first time really playing Mario Kart, and I was terrible to say the least. Buddy finished in last place every round because he was worried about if I was understanding how to play and forgot completely about his own guy in an effort to help me.  Kylie was my greatest cheerleader and would jump and move with me as I tried to make my silly car drive and maneuver the way I wanted it to.  At one point when I went off the edge of the road and fell to the water below, she patted me on the arm and said, "it's ok, sweet mama, I know you can do it!"


Then it was on to Just Dance on the Wii-something that I'm surprisingly much better at than Mario Kart.  About that time Bryce came home and even took a few minutes to dance with us.  What a difference this fun time together made in our home tonight!  So, the dishes and laundry are still piled up, our bedrooms are a mess, the table is stacked high with clutter, and I'm sure the bathroom needs a good cleaning, but for tonight, my children know that they are my #1 priority, and that's better than a spotless house any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment