Thursday, January 21, 2016

FHE Nibs

This week's family home evening started innocently enough with me showing a short Book of Mormon video to the kids, but it soon turned into an anatomy lesson-something that happens quite frequently at our house.  Brandt and Kylie are both very curious about the human body and how things all work, and I tend to be pretty scientific and blunt with them when it comes to most things-without acting completely shocked or laughing at some of the things they come up with to ask.  I want them to know that they can always ask me anything, and I sure as heck want to be the one to teach them about sensitive subjects so they don't seek their information from friends or the internet.  So, here we are learning about Nephi and the brass plates, and Kylie randomly starts talking about "nibs".  When I asked her if she meant the licorice, she put a finger on my chest and said, "no, this is your nib."  I gave her a funny look and she giggled and said, "I mean nibbles!"  By now Brandt is giggling and joining in, "yeah, nibbles!"  I quickly gathered my composure and informed them that it's spelled with "p's" not "b's".  That led to more questions and soon I was pulling up diagrams of the male and female breasts. In case that sounds boring, I assure you that with my little people it was not.  As I was pointing out and explaining the milk ducts, Brandt interrupted with, "I wish I could still drink your milk!  It's so much sweeter and better than the other kinds of milk!"  I explained that I don't have milk anymore and he said, "but you will if you have another baby."  I said, "right, but you still wouldn't be able to drink it," and Kylie added her two cents with, "yeah, Brandt, that wouldn't be e-ppropriate!"   Haha, never a dull moment! So now the real question is, do I take home a bag of licorice nibs to show them what they really are at the risk of starting another round of anatomy lessons?

No comments:

Post a Comment