Wednesday, February 3, 2016
2/3/16
I was watching for the bus this morning and out of the corner of my eye caught a glimpse of Brandt shoving fruit snacks into his coat pocket. I kept on watching out the window and said, " I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see that." A couple minutes later we remembered that he wanted cold lunch today so I quickly grabbed his sandwich out of the fridge and a G-milk. As I was throwing them in a bag for him he got a can of Pepsi, held it to his chest, and with the perfect lilt in his voice said, "just pretend you didn't see this." He packed the pop with his lunch, we both giggled, and out the door he went. Would a responsible parent really let a third grader take a Pepsi in his lunch? Probably not and hopefully he won't expect it to be ok again tomorrow, but for today it wasn't worth the battle and was a lot better left as a joke that I've laughed at all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment