Saturday, March 19, 2016

Beauty and the Beast

Bryce and I decided to give Kylie an early birthday present and take her to the Beauty and the Beast ballet at the Ellen Eccles theater in Logan. Brandt picked out a Belle dress for her and we gave it to her a few days early in case it needed alterations. She was the biggest brat when he first gave it to her and it broke his little heart. Thankfully she came around and decided she liked it and really did want to wear it. Bryce ended up not going with us, but it worked out because Mariah was able to go. Kylie told her she was happy she came cause"daddy would have been a big cranky pants." Lol I can't say for sure he would have been cranky, but I don't think he would have loved the performance as much as we did. I was a little worried about how the kids would do since it was a ballet and not the Disney version like they are used to, but they did great! We had front row seats which helps a ton with Brandt's anxiety as well as his distractability. The kids' eyes were glued to the stage during the entire performance. I'm always amazed at how much dance and music calms buddy. During the intermission he was bouncing all over the place, but as soon as the curtain came up and the music started he was the calmest little boy you've ever seen. I am really trying to help him recognize that as well. After it was over we were able to meet some of the performers and get pictures with them. The only one the kids were interested in was Beauty. She was such a sweet girl. Seeing Kylie beam standing next to her made the whole day worth it! Then we were off to Texas Roadhouse where the kids ordered their favorite- Andy's steak, and where Kylie got to sit on the birthday saddle. As a reward for being so good there and at Wal-Mart, we took them to pet smart where buddy wanted to get a new pet. He only had $10 which thankfully wouldn't buy a pet and habitat both, so he worked it out with grandpa that he would buy himself a new pet fish and keep it in grandpa's tank. Pretty creative solution I thought.;) After we got home Kylie wanted more steak and was upset that they didn't give her a refill of steak like they did root beer! She is the funniest girl!


































No comments:

Post a Comment