Since Brandt was sick for his birthday, we decided to combine his party with mother's day a week later. While Bryce and Brandt were hanging out waiting for the party to get started, Brandt decided to get out one of his very favorite b-day presents from G&G Pugmire- tape. He loves the stuff, so they gave him 2 rolls of his very own.

He did a pretty good job of getting it wrapped all around himself.

This isn't a great pic, but it's clear down around his leg and ankle, and he's now trying to get it off and yelling "help mom, help mom."

This time he went to dad for help to get untangled.

Then he stood there willingly and let Bryce tape him all up again. Such a good helper dad is!

Finally it was time for pizza. Everyone was able to come exept Kelli, Kevin, and Rylie.

Of course, Amanda Jean was one of the most anticipated party guests for Brandt and he gave her plenty of loves when she got there. He even let her wear his cowboy hat and ride his bull.

We were even able to bring my grandparents home from Bear Lake Manor for the evening, and although I think it completely wore them out, it was nice to have them there.

Brandt decided to boycott his highchair for the night and proceeded to give assigned seats to bampa and mamaw- one on each side of him. Guess he deserves to be the boss for the day for his birthday, right?

I just missed it with the camera, but I think that my dad and Brandt had just been sticking their tongues out at each other, with a mouth full of food no less. So mature....

Brandt buddy started sneaking frosting before we could even get a picture of him with his Curious George cake (take 2- since he had one last w/e too).

He looked up at me like "who me? Did I do something wrong?"

Decided to let him blow out candles on his own piece of cake so we for sure wouldn't share any germs with great grandma and grandpa. He had it down a lot better than last week this time and didn't even have to have any help.

I think this one is actually out of order, but who has time to fix it :) He was trying to wait patiently to blow while we sang to him, but was still blowing, so Bryce held it away from him til we finished.

Who needs a fork to eat cake? Brandt's been on this kick lately where he acts like a puppy, including when it comes to eating. It may be messier, but I think it's so cute and hilarious.


Don't they look so grown up already sitting up to the table by each other eating birthday cake and ice cream? Just kills me that Amanda just turned one and Brandt two.

Ahh, there we go, finally the fork...

or not...

oh, and who needs napkins? Brandt just licks himself clean. Also hilarious! He actually cleaned up most of his drips with his own tongue; now that's talent!

Look at that adorable little messy face posing for me!!
All in all, we had a fun night! Brandt loved all the food, presents, and the family that came over to spend his day with him, and we appreciate all the support our family gives us. Sure wish that the Payne's could have been here, but I'm sure we'll catch up with them again soon. Still trying to adjust to the fact that my baby's 2! Oh how I love him!
Okay, I am still laughing about the tape:o) Sooo dang funny!!! Luv it!! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Cute cake idea...looks yummy:o) I love his cute little guitar too, what a great idea, I think Lily would LOVE one of those:o)I'm so glad you were able to bring Uncle Bill and Aunt LuWana home, I'm sure it was so special for them to be there:o) luv ya tons and Happy Mothers Day!!
ReplyDeleteHEidi
P.S. It was so fun to see Jana and little Amanda! I can't believe how much she's grown! So dang cute!! Wish they lived over here too so we could see them more often!:o)lol
Cute! He is adorable. I would like to invite you to my blog. I just need your email.Mine is asmith@icsofidaho.net. Hope to hear from you.
ReplyDelete