Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Family Reunions 2009 continued (Pugmire version)

As mentioned in the previous post, the Pugmire campout is always my favorite event of the summer. This year I wasn't so sure that I was going to have much fun since I was pregnant and sick and Bryce wasn't going with us so I wouldn't have his help with my little wild man. Thankfully I also knew that I have the best family ever and that I really wouldn't be on my own. I was right. My parents were a lot of help, and Jared, Lisa and family went above and beyond, from helping me set up my tent next door to theirs (and by next door I mean about 2 feet away) to helping me chase Brandt numerous times. Kelli and Rylie got to camp out the whole weekend and Jana and Amanda were able to stay part of the time as well. Curtis was there,too, although I don't think he did much "camping" since I think he spent most of the night playing cards and such. My cousin Amy and her daughter got to spend one night with us and a lot of my Aunt Jan's family was able to come for one day. My grandparent's even made it for a day, and I think they enjoyed visiting with everyone even if it did completely wear them out. Overall, the William Pugmire part of the family was pretty well represented. My biggest regret of the weekend was that I forgot my camera and was unable to take any pictures. Thankfully I was able to "borrow" a few from a very kind cousin (Thanks Jesi!). Brandt is very social and had a great time playing with the other cousins. One of his favorite things was dancing with Kylie who so cute to take time out from her own fun to dance with him. The following pictures were all taken during the testimony meeting while he was playing with the farm animals and tractors that my mom so wisely packed. It was so nice to have something capture his attention enough that I could listen to what has always been my favorite part of the reunion.

I can't figure out how to rotate this one, but maybe one day I'll figure it out.
Don't my parents look thrilled? Maybe they're just really intently listening...

I love that Brandt got to play with some of his 3rd (or whatever generation :) cousins as well as had the chance to play with Rylie. In the background are the Hillier's with poor Gabe who met some bees/wasps.

Brandt was so into playing that he never did look up for any of the pictures, little booger.
Cute shot of the other cousins, though. Overall it ended up being a great weekend and I'm glad we were able to go. It always makes me stop and think about how rich my heritage is and how very blessed I am. Thanks to all who help make it a huge success every year. NO EMPTY CHAIRS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment