Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Big words for a little boy

Brandt has always been a few steps ahead of the game developmentally, and his vocabulary is no exception.  He loves using big words that he hears, like magnificent and dispensation (one of his favorite songs is Praise to the Man).  He usually uses them correctly, too.  He catches me off guard at times with words and phrases that I would never expect a 4 year old to use.  A few days ago Kylie was trying to play a game and Brandt said, "Kylie, that is not the proper way to do it."  Another time he was teasing his dad and called him a "ridiculous man."  We were busting up at first because the first time he said it he left off the "rid" part and made the rest of the word into 2 syllables only.  Once in awhile he uses a word out of context, but I still love that he knows such a variety of words. Yesterday Kylie was showing Brandt her hair after I fixed it for her and he said, "oh Kylie, you're hair is super duper beautiful!  And so organized, too!"  LOL!  Now, have you ever heard such a nice compliment?  And he was so sincere, too. Oh, how I love talking to my buddy and wondering what he'll come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment