Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Parent's Day

I have loved Paris Elementary since the day I started Kindergarten with Susan Dunford as my teacher way too many years ago to mention.  There is something about a small school that is special, and in our school one of the things that makes it tick is the PTO and teachers who care about the needs of the school and our kids and work hard to help involve the families in the learning process.  Today they had a parent's day and I was blessed to be able to take a couple hours off of work this morning in order to attend.  They had set up stations where the kids and parents could spend time reading and eating snacks together, doing math experiments, and looking through binders of what the students had accomplished during the year.  I have loved the time I've been able to spend in the classroom for a short amount of time each Tuesday this year, and I hope that it helps Brandt realize how much I love and support him and how much value I place in education.

No comments:

Post a Comment