Tuesday, June 4, 2013

IF with Mariah

Brandt had a follow up appointment with Dr. Denagy on June 4th, so we begged Mariah to come with us and went up the night before when I got off work and stayed at a hotel.  The high school boys legion baseball team happened to be playing in Idaho Falls the night we got there, so we watched them play before going to our room for the night.  Brandt thought it was great to watch Mitch Lauridsen play since he has been so nice to buddy and understands some of what we deal with as far as his anxiety and stuff.  When we got to the hotel, we hit the pool before heading to bed for the night.  The next morning Mariah and Kylie slept in a bit while Brandt and I went to his appointment.  Dr. Denagy was pleased with how he has done with fluoxetine for the past month since we saw him as well as what we've been accomplishing with counseling as far as buddy's anxiety and phobias, but was a little concerned (as are we) at his increased impulsivity.  He wants us to try a new form of the medication he's already on in order to bump the dose up a little more, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to do that, yet.   When we went back to the hotel to pick up Mariah and Kylie, it was a few minutes past check-out time, so Riah had sister and all our bags out on the grass waiting for us.  Then we hit the grocery store where we got stuff for a picnic lunch to take with us to Tautphaus Park Zoo.  We had a fun, but not too leisurely walk/jog through the zoo a few times as we tried to keep up with Brandt-he was so excited to see all of the animals!  Riah and I kept trading off for which kid we would be responsible for keeping track of, and I think we both got our workout in for the day chasing Brandt-he wasn't being too horrible, just busy. :)  Which is why I always take back-up with me whenever I go anywhere with both children... 








When Brandt was standing on top of the tiger, he was yelling, "King of the Jungle!!"









No comments:

Post a Comment