Thursday, June 27, 2013

Tee Ball 2013

This was the first year that we let buddy play tee ball.  His coaches were Nathan and Julie McLemore and he was on a team with boys (and one girl) who are mostly from Paris and St. Charles so he goes to school and church with them.  It was fun to watch him play and have fun.  He was super nervous before he went to the first practice and game because he was worried about which pitches he should hit.  In fact, at 11 pm the night before his first practice he was quizzing me, "mom, do I swing at the high ones?  How about the low ones?"  Since he had only hit off my bad pitches in the backyard prior to that, I had a hard time getting him to understand that he didn't have to worry about any of the pitches-all he had to do is hit it as hard as he could off the tee.  The first couple games he did a lot of looking for bugs in the infield instead of watching for hit balls, but by the last 2 games he was doing much better.  He has a great swing and a strong and pretty darn accurate throwing arm, so it was easy to feel a little proud watching him.  The funnest week for me was the 3rd one when Bryce and I got to be substitute coaches.  There aren't many things I love about summer more than baseball (and softball, of course) so I hope that my kids continue to enjoy it as well.
Brandt is the cute one in the cool shades :)








No comments:

Post a Comment