Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday 2014-I Stand All Amazed




Easter dawned bright and beautiful at our house.  Our morning went better than usual even with the excitement of getting up to see what was in Easter baskets and searching for the jelly bean filled eggs that the Easter Bunny hid throughout the living room for the kids.  As we started our day that is meant to celebrate the miracle of the Atonement and the Resurrection of Christ, the kids and I had our own little miracle when we were EARLY for church-not late, not even on time-EARLY!!  And while it has been a long day, if my memory serves me well at this point, we made it through all of Sacrament meeting without having any problems. I repeat-MIRACLE!! I did hear a funny little rumor that Kylie and 3 of her little Sunbeam cohorts in crime escaped from their classroom and ran wild around the halls until they were rounded up again-not the first time for this mischievous little group and I'm sure it won't be the last.  

This afternoon we had the yummiest ham dinner at my mom and dad's.  The weather was warm and perfect for our Easter egg hunt and everyone had a great time.  Brandt, Kylie, and Amanda Jean had fun finding their eggs, but I think my brother had even more fun hiding them and then watching the kids look for them-and then try to figure out how to get to the hard ones. As usual, the kids loved opening their eggs to find candy, coins, and homemade items from grandma. Amanda's 6th birthday is also this week so we celebrated while she was here. Jana was sure that they would be having their baby before they got to this point even though she isn't due for another couple of months, so it is also a miracle that she is still pregnant and holding her own.  She was even able to go outside and enjoy the sun with the rest of us. The only thing missing was Kelli and her family.

The highlight of the day for me was when my kids requested to watch a video that is set to the song, "I Stand All Amazed."  I showed it in primary last week and my children have watched it over and over.  How thankful I am that they love their Savior and are eager to learn more of Him.  I love Him as well and I know that He died for me and that He lives again!  Because of Him I can strive each day to be a better person and repent when I fall short.  Because of Him I can have peace and comfort through trying times.  Because of Him my family can be eternal.  Because of Him I love being me-not so much because of who I am now but because of who I have the potential to become.  Because of Him I, too, Stand All Amazed.














































1 comment: