Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Jeff
Today was a tough one. My kids and I attended the funeral for my cousin, Jeff Bodily. He passed away unexpectedly on August 27th. Jeff was always one of my favorite people to be around. He was always happy to see me and would give me big hugs. He loved to joke and help others. His brown eyes danced when he smiled and when he told stories. He injured his back quite a few years ago and has had to have multiple surgeries. Unfortunately, he has lived in constant pain. It's hard to understand why some people leave this life early, but I'm thankful that he can be free of pain now. His funeral was beautifully done. I especially liked the thoughts that were shared by and by Jeff's siblings. There were many tears and laughs shared by all of us there. One thing that I think I will always remember was that we sang "Popcorn Popping". There is no denying the comforting spirit that I felt today and I'm so thankful for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment