I would imagine that every parent hopes that their daughter's first date will be with someone who will be kind and thoughtful and treat her like a princess. Above all a first date should be with someone who can be trusted. Well, Kylie's first date was with someone who fit the bill-her daddy. Head Start planned a fun night for the kids to go with their dad's (or another male figure) and have dinner and activities. Kylie was SOOOOO excited all week to go on a date with her dad! She wanted to dress up and have Elsa hair (of course...) and she had to have makeup. I had a lot of fun helping her get ready and seeing how much she was looking forward to spending special time with her dad. While we were getting ready we talked about how a boy should treat her like a princess on a date and the different ways he should be a gentleman. Before they left, she demanded that I take pictures of them just like she'd seen Lisa do before Max and Mariah left for their Homecoming date recently. Like I would have let them leave without pictures anyway... They ended up having a great night! They ate pizza and did fun activities with some of the other kids and dads who came. I'm thankful that she has her dad for her "male figure" and for the stability that brings to our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment