Friday, October 31, 2014

Spooky Eats

So I finally caved to peer pressure and joined Pinterest- although truth be known I did it on accident at first but then decided I kind of liked it so I continued. We have been finding that Brandt's behaviors drastically worsen when he has sugar, so that was a concern going into Halloween.  Shaun suggested we offer to pay him for any candy he turns in to us so that he can go to the store and buy a toy or something. Brandt wasn't so sure about that idea at first, but then he ended up giving me about half his candy which I thought was a big step for him.  I think he recognizes that he doesn't feel as well when he eats junk and that he isn't in control of himself. At the beginning of the week, Buddy and I were looking through Pinterest for sugar free Halloween ideas one night and he decided he wanted to do themed dinners and treats all week.  We attempted Boonana Pops and string cheese and pretzel witch's brooms but they didn't look like the pictures on pinterest when we finished lol.  We did a lot better on the octopus hot dogs, ghost toast (original idea thank you very much), Jack'o'lantern sandwiches, Frankenstein pudding cups, and monster mouths  The kids loved helping with the meals and looking at the finished products but only would eat some of it.  I think their favorite was the Monster Mouths.  Kylie looked at me while she was eating hers and said, "mom, these taste freaking good but the marshmallows are definitely too big for my mouth." It cracked me up!  Where does she here the word "freaking" used like that?  Preschool???
















No comments:

Post a Comment