I love hearing my children sing because it always means they are happy. I love the lessons lyrics can teach and the different ways we can each interpret them so they have meaning in our individual lives. For example, when I was thinking about Kylie's lyrics, "like a spider dream" vs. "life is but a dream" it stirred up thoughts about what this life really is about. Life is hard-sometimes it even seems like a nightmare that we are stuck in. But life is also good and something to be enjoyed and learned from-just like a good dream.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Life Is But A Dream
It's been said that a child who sings is a happy child. Well, Kylie loves to sing. She can be heard belting out the lyrics to Frozen's "Let it Go" or a current favorite primary song at any given time. The kids have been learning a beautiful Christmas song called "Baby in a Manger" in primary and we love it! A couple weeks ago Kylie sang part of the chorus beautifully, "Gloria, gloria, peace on Earth!" and then immediately busted out with "What does the fox say? Me, me, me, me, me" (super annoying nonsense song that my children love!) Of course, I laugh at her and give her a lot of attention, so she keeps doing it! Kylie always sings in the tub, and one of her favorites there is "Row, row, row your boat". I crack up every time she gets to the end of it because she sings, "merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, LIKE A SPIDER DREAM".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment