It seems that my little girl is growing up entirely too fast. Sometimes she says things that are mature beyond her 4 years and sometimes she asks questions that I'm pretty sure are mature beyond my "mom" years. Like the other day, for example, when out of the blue she said, "now mom, tell me again how it is that moms and dads get together to make a baby."
Last night I was talking to her after the boys in the house went to sleep, and we had some "deep" conversations. She took a little sip of my Pero after I had warned her it was hot and then quickly grabbed her chest and throat and emphatically declared, "whoa, that gives me heart burn!!" She also told me a bit about her little love life explaining that she thinks she is in love with Nash (a cute little boy in her preschool class). We talked a little bit about how you know if you're in love with someone and what qualities to look for in a boyfriend. Soon she was talking about how "Sammy and Ty love each other and when they get married they are going to have 21 children (says Tyler lol) and they are going to have married cake. And Sammy's going to shove the married cake into Ty's mouth and then all over his face like this (imagine Kylie acting this part out of course)." Then she told me that "when Mariah and Max get married they will have 4 children all at once and Max will take care of the 2 boys and Mariah will take care of the 2 girls and then they will have 10 children."
Today at my mom's Kylie was saying again that she is in love with Nash and how he chases her around and tries to kiss her as well as possibly touch her inappropriately, but that she doesn't let him do that. As my mom and I were trying to explain to her that she should never let boys touch her there and should tell her teacher if they do, Brandt piped in with fist raised saying, "I'm going to find him at school next week and give him a good reason not to do that ever again!"
While I really don't want my almost 8 year old second grader to beat up on a preschooler, it's nice to know that he feels that part of his role as an older brother is to protect the virtue of his little sister. I hope she will value that protection as she gets older-it's something that I always wished I had growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment