This year's get together started Thursday night with the arrival of Riley, Mckenzie, and their pet calf, Bruce, and their dogs. Kelli and Kevin were going out of town for the weekend, so the kids and the animals got to come stay at grandma's. The weekend was full of all kinds of fun as well as a little work. Riley took charge of caring for his animals and the rest of the grand kids had fun helping. Saturday morning was my mom and dad's turn to help clean the church. While I don't enjoy getting up early to help, I do appreciate the feeling of respect and memories that come with it. I will always be thankful for the hours I spent there cleaning with my grandma Pugmire. One fun event that was added to this year's reunion was volleyball with an enormous beach ball that Jana brought. As the title might suggest, there were quite a few nosebleeds throughout the weekend. A couple were accidents, but a few were caused by skirmishes amongst the cousins-mostly at the hand of Brandt; unfortunately he often lets his fists do the talking when he's upset or gets his feelings hurt. Thankfully he has cousins who are forgiving and they were able to work things out and still have a great time. We can't wait for next year's reunion!
No comments:
Post a Comment