This year's Thompson reunion was held at Downata Hot Springs. We planned on going up for Saturday afternoon only, but I decided ahead of time to surprise the kids (and Bryce) by reserving a tee-pee for us to stay in. Bryce's uncle Kenny has been fighting pancreatic cancer and we never know how many more times we'll be able to be with him, so I felt pretty strongly about giving Bryce the opportunity to spend some time with him as well as his other cousins that he doesn't get to see very often. We ended up having a great time swimming and visiting with family. Brandt was a little nervous about going down the big tube slide, but once he tried it he was hooked! Kylie went a couple times and then she was done, but she had a lot of fun playing in the pool. Bryce loved going down the Black Hole and I think he was crazy for even trying it! I went one time as a teenager and hated it-I felt like I was suffocating and I got the worst swimsuit wedgy ever! By the time night rolled around, Quinn and Maleri and kids decided to spend the night in our tee-pee with us and we ended up with Braydee-another little cousin as well, so we had 10 of us squashed in a 4 man tee-pee. Our kids had so much fun playing with their cousins! Good times!
No comments:
Post a Comment