Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Driving without a License

When I was told that buddy was helping my dad haul hay while I was at work, I had NO idea just how much he was helping until I came home and saw it for myself.  Grandpa decided to teach him how to drive the tractor and then let him do it BY HIMSELF.  I guess he figured it was better to teach him how since he is obsessed with trying to drive and this way he would at least know the difference between forward and reverse as well as how to accelerate versus brake.  We try to always keep our keys either locked up or in our pocket and my dad and Bryce are careful to make sure that tractor, 4-wheeler, lawn mower, etc. keys are never left in the vehicles, but he's already pick-pocketed me and tried to drive my car more than once, so it's bound to happen again.  He was so proud of himself, especially when he got to take his sister for a short ride.  One thing that was a little funny, but speaks for his OCD nature, was that if he got outside of my dad's truck tracks at all, he would put it in reverse and then try it again until he matched the tires up perfectly.  It's hard to believe that he's old enough to help out like that already, but I guess that when I was his age I would help out by driving the truck so my grandpa or dad could feed hay off the back.  Although, I'm pretty sure they put it in gear and all I was responsible for was the steering part.  Brandt is already a lot smarter than that, which is a little scary, but I have to admit it makes me proud, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment