Brandt has been wanting a guitar for a long time (mostly because of seeing Andy Hackbarth in concert a couple times and LOVING him), so during the summer we started a sticker chart for him to be able to earn one. He finally finished filling it up today and we were able to give him the guitar that I bought for him a few months ago and have kept hidden at my mom's. He was so excited and immediately started strumming on it and trying to work out some tunes. We are hoping to get him started with some lessons now. I believe music is one of the most powerful creations on earth. It can move us in ways that nothing else can-for both good and evil. I've noticed that Brandt is especially effected by music so I've tried to introduce him to a variety of good types of music in hopes that it can influence him for the better. I'm looking forward to seeing where this interest might take him; I'm hoping that he'll stick with it long enough to develop the talent that I already see in him.
No comments:
Post a Comment