Saturday, January 25, 2014
Our Saturday has been a pretty typical one filled with ups and downs, messes and misunderstandings, dancing in the living room and dressing up like pirates, floods from "swimming" in the bath tub and "swabbing the deck" in the kitchen, and much more. There have been proud mama moments when buddy folded his own clothes and then vacumed-something that seems so simple but we never thought would happen because of his hypersensitivity and phobia of the noise, and then he made his bed without being asked. Yes, those ordinary primary answers like "make your bed" or "clean your room" really do make moms happy. As I sit and type this, I hear Kylie and Brandt arguing over whether cats have fur or not, and while their little fights might annoy some, I smile and enjoy listening to them as they learn how to work it out. Already they have moved on and are pretending to be a dog and a cat who are chasing each other through the house and giggling hysterically. It's too bad that adults can't work things out that quickly and it seems ironic to me that we are the ones who are supposed to be teaching our children. Just a few minutes ago I heard Kylie say to her brother, "Jesus wants us to do that." I'm not 100% sure what "that" was at the moment, but how thankful I am that my kids know their Savior and want to follow His example.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment