Sunday, July 21, 2013

Today was one of those almost perfect days.  The kids woke up in good moods and were basically cooperative with getting ready for church so we were REALLY close to being on time.  They were both super good during sacrament meeting and didn't have to be taken out one time, nor did I have to chase them in circles around the halls (of course, it helped that we were sitting by the Hillier's).  Kylie got herself to nursery and never even looked back to see if I was following her or not and buddy went in to sharing time by himself without the slightest hitch.  I was in charge of sharing time again this week and it went pretty well.  It was about how the priesthood can strengthen our families and a lot of teachers and kids were able to share some of their own stories.  Brandt shared his story about when he had a toothache last year and his dad and Jordan Jensen (our home teacher and cousin/friend) gave him a blessing and it helped him a lot.  After class, Brandt went and got his sister from nursery and then came and found me without running the halls.  Then the perfection received a bit of a blemish when sister decided to run off and chase Grace and JD around in the chapel.  Because Brandt was being so well behaved, he was able to go home with my mom.  When Kylie finally quit running with me and realized buddy had already left with grandma, she was one mad little girl.  Hopefully it will be a good lesson for her and she'll be better about staying with me next week.  We came home and changed and then went down to my mom and dad's for lunch.  Both kids ate well and then were being calm and pretty well obedient-a huge contrast to the events of yesterday when we were there and they were out of control.  They got into all kinds of mischief from Kylie letting the dogs out when she wasn't supposed to to buddy  spraying through the open windows into the house and then soaking grandma wanny when she went out to stop him.  In fact, they were so naughty that Bryce and I were unable to leave them there and go on a horse ride as we had planned for a much needed date night.  So, today was a nice surprise.  Unfortunately Bryce had to go fencing for most of the day, but when he got home tonight he cooked the yummiest pork chops on the grill while sister and I cooked fried potatoes and corn on the cob-although Kylie ate her corn on the cob raw, silly girl.  Both kids loved the "pork steaks" and I did, too.  The best part was that Bryce even helped clean up afterward, including helping with the dishes, which he hates to do even more than I do. When it cooled down a little more this evening, we all went outside and played trampoline volleyball.  At first buddy and sis were on the tramp while I was on the ground and after awhile Bryce came and joined my team.  Brandt made us laugh like crazy when he started trash talking us.  His favorite thing to say if I messed up was something like "thanks for being the best one on our team mom" or "hey, thanks for giving us another point mom!"  Soon Brandt and Kylie stole Bryce from my team so the 3 of them were all on the trampoline together.  I'm pretty sure they exceeded the weight limit, but it was fun anyway.  The only thing that really could have made the day better is if Bryce would have been able to go to church with us and if the sun would have stayed up a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment