Yesterday the kids had a fun surprise when their friend Aden got to come play while his grandparents went out of town for the night. They had a great time jumping on the trampoline, especially when they turned on the sprinkler. We also had the special opportunity of going to Janalee Transtrum's baptism. The kids love that they get to sit on the front row so they can see the baptisms really well and I love that they get to have the chance to feel the spirit and look forward to the day when they are old enough to choose to be baptized. Aden spent the night and then went to church with us. Thankfully Bryce went, too, so he could help my mom watch the kids since I was speaking in sacrament meeting with the other two members of the primary presidency; Stacey Transtrum, pres., and Julie McLemore, 2nd counselor. My dad was also there and was in charge of watching Kylie. We all survived the meeting and then the boys and I headed to primary where I was in charge of sharing time. After church Bryce went to Evanston with Jason to sell Sky (AKA horse who likes to buck) and the kids and I spent time in the backyard waiting for Vern and Anya to come get Aden. After he left, Brandt decided to have a yard sale. He picked out one of his toy tractors and put a sticky note on it that he'd written the number 10 on. He stood out in front of our house waving it in the air and yelling "yard sale-ten dollars!" to every vehicle that passed. After a while he got pretty discouraged that no one stopped. Finally I said, "buddy, what day is it today? I wonder if maybe people aren't stopping because we aren't supposed to shop on Sunday." He was happy with that and answered back, "ok, well then I'll just give it away. Looks like the neighbors have kids at their house, let's go give stuff to them." We ended up making cookies and taking some to our neighbors, Bill and Kathy Fletcher, and met them for the first time. Brandt and Kylie had fun playing with their granddaughters in their playhouse out back. Then we took cookies to the Miskin's and then to the Hillier's where we spent some time playing with Gabe, Mariah, and Sammy. I'm so thankful for the examples of service that my kids show me.
No comments:
Post a Comment