Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It's amazing to me how much fun and trouble this little boy and his dog can find in a very short amount of time. This morning Brandt was ready for the bus on time so he headed out to wait for it.  Unfortunately she was a few minutes late and he got a little distracted on the snow hill with Missy.  When the bus stopped, he dawdled and played until she finally left him.  At first he was upset and tried to take off down the road after her, but then he was happy to play with Missy longer while I went in the house to hurry and get ready and get Kylie ready so we could try to get him to school on time.  I kept running back and forth from the bathroom where I was doing my hair and make-up to the back door to keep an eye on him.  One time when I went to check I couldn't see him anywhere and he wouldn't answer me when I hollered-and the door to the dog kennel was open and both dogs were MIA.  I quickly looked around the house and driveway and yelled for Brandt and the dogs, but none of them made a peep.  So I called in back-up.  Thankfully my dad hadn't left for work yet and he raced across town to help me look for them.  Right before he got here, I found buddy and the dogs out in the hay stack where they had hidden from me-AFTER they let the horses from one pasture into the other one where part of the fence was busted and Bryce was afraid they would go through and onto the highway.  So my dad helped me corral 4 horses, 2 dogs, and 1 six year old before taking the instigator of it all to school for me so I could finish getting ready for work.  You would think that Brandt would have been upset since he'd caused such an uproar and was in trouble, but he seemed to be oblivious to it all and was as happy as could be that grandpa was taking him to school.  Thankfully he's a cute little guy so it's hard for me to stay mad at him for too long...



No comments:

Post a Comment