Our Valentine's Day went a lot different than I had planned. This morning was less than boring- starting when Brandt decided to climb into the dog kennel instead of into the car when it was time for me to go to work. Once he finally got in the car it got even more crazy when he became angry because he wanted candy and I didn't have any. He yelled and hit and threw things and then opened his door and threatened to jump out. Thankfully I wasn't going very fast yet because he really did jump out! I was almost stopped when he did and there weren't any cars behind me. Because the snow is so deep on the side of the road I couldn't pull the car off the road well, so I quickly parked it and turned on the hazards and ran after him through the deep snow, hoping that Kylie would stay put and not get hit by a car or something. I was able to get him back in the car and to my mom's and then I cried my way to work. Usually I'm pretty good at going with the flow and laughing at what I can when it comes to the crazy things my kids do, but this morning was the last straw. I already struggle with feeling guilty about leaving my children to go to work and it makes it harder when they are acting out, especially when I know it is because something is stressing them out. This last week has been a hard one for Brandt as he is trying to deal with something that he saw that wasn't appropriate for an adult to look at, let alone a child. He has been agitated and extra naughty so I think it is bothering him more than he has let on-he just doesn't know how to communicate his frustrations very well. His counselor, Shaun, has already seen him once this week and I am wishing he could have had another appointment today-well, either him or me that is. Tonight ended better for which I was very grateful. The kids had fun playing Twister and wrestling and I was happy to sit back and watch them. For at least that small amount of time everything was good in our world and it helped me gear up to face another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment