Saturday, February 8, 2014

Snowed In!


 I was supposed to work today, but we got about 3 feet of snow since yesterday morning and the wind had blown and drifted us in.  Bryce barely made it out of the driveway and down the road in his plow truck, and he ended up getting stuck on first lane (by my mom and dad's) because it was so deep.  After my dad got his tractor unstuck from his driveway and then helped my uncle Arnell get his tractor unstuck, he headed over to plow us out.  When Brandt saw how much snow there was and that grandpa was making him a bigger snow hill to play on, he did the best happy dance ever and  Kylie stopped painting long enough to join in.  Since I couldn't make it to work, my friend Shannon ended up covering the front desk job as well as my nursing job.  I've been teaching her a few things lately and it paid off today.  She called for help a few times, including when Dr. Campbell asked her to give a testosterone injection, which is not something she had learned, yet.  I coached her through it on the phone while she was wearing her headset in the patient's room. Thankfully it was a very patient patient, and he didn't mind that she was using him as a practice dummy!









No comments:

Post a Comment