Saturday, February 9, 2013
Bye, Love you, Follow the Prophet!
One of the hardest parts of being a working mom is dropping kids off when I really want to just stay home and take care of them myself. Some days are harder than others-like when they are sick or sad. Thankfully they usually go to my mom's house and if not there then they go to the Hillier's, so I always know that they are loved where ever they are. Still, there are many mornings when my mom has to peel a crying Kylie off of me and it's hard not to cry right along with her. It's a little easier with buddy most of the time since he just gets off the bus at her house on school days so I only have to drop him off on Fridays when there isn't school. Of course, by the time I get home they are sometimes so engrossed with whatever game they are playing or movie they are watching that they aren't ready to leave and come home with me and I even hear the occasional groan from them when I open the door and they see that I'm there to pick them up. So...I treasure the mornings of good, happy drop offs since they help me not feel quite so guilty for leaving them. One day earlier this week when I dropped Kylie off, we were waving and blowing kisses to each other and she hollered after me, "bye! Luff you! Sollow the prophet!!" And that is what got me through the rest of my day at work. Oh how I love that smart little girl; the world would be a happier place if we could all follow her advice a little better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment