It seems like the hardest thing in the world to get myself and the kids ready and out the door every day. It's even harder if they wake up before I am completely ready, which happens a lot. This morning I was just getting out of the tub when Brandt started pounding on the door and yelled that Kylie had stabbed him in the eye with her fingernail polish. Needless to say, I was dried off and dressed (well, dressed if throwing on the Gs counts as dressed that is) in a hurry and going to find out what had happened. I found Brandt with red polish on his forehead and eyelid and Kylie sitting in the living room, otherwise known as the white room since the carpet is white, with the red fingernail polish in hand. Thankfully for her there was only one small spot of polish on the couch and none that I could see on the carpet. My assessment of the situation was that Brandt was trying to stop her from doing something she wasn't supposed to do and thus the stabbing in the eye. So this is the way we went to church (other than they were wearing church clothes lol). Later the truth came out when I was telling my mom about it after church and I told her I thought sister had actually done a pretty good job of getting all of her fingernails. It was then that Brandt interjected, "well, I helped her, ya know!" Is it any wonder that we are always late wherever we go???
No comments:
Post a Comment