Sunday, February 17, 2013

Snowball Dance 2013

Last night was the Snowball Dance, the annual fundraiser for the hospital auxiliary held at the middle school gym.  Dancing definitely isn't Bryce's thing, but he was nice enough to take us anyway. We also had an extra little body with us for the first part of the night because Brandt's friend Aden had been at our house for a sleepover the night before.  There was a live band, refreshments, and prizes. Bryce spent the evening sitting on the bleachers by Tara and Kevin while the kids and I danced to every song played!  They had so much fun and so did I-even if I did look like a crazy person trying to keep up with their dance moves.  Brandt especially liked to have me as a dance partner; I would spin him and let him slide under me and between my legs and then I would pull him back up again.  He had a hard time sharing me with his sister, so it was a good thing that she was content to dance by herself a lot of the time. The rest of the time I tried to juggle one dance partner on each side of me and it worked out pretty well for the most part. One highlight for Kylie was that she got to sit by and dance with the princess (Brynn-my friend Shannon's daughter) and her prince-Caleb, although she was "mad at him" for part of the time because he tickled her.  How do girls know so early in life to get mad at boys for dumb things?  She got over it pretty quickly when they danced with her and then she pouted when they left.  The only part of the night that Brandt didn't enjoy (other than when it was time to leave) was when he didn't win the giant stuffed puppy that was one of the door prizes. We had the best night even though my two little dancing machines wore me out!  Buddy is already asking when we get to go to the next snow dance.





No comments:

Post a Comment