Saturday, February 2, 2013

Who's the Boss?

Yesterday when Bryce got to my mom and dad's to start chores, Kylie asked him if she could have a sleepover at grandma's.  Bryce told her she needed to wait and ask me when I got home from work because I am the boss.  So Kylie looked at him and said, "you quit?"  Of course, the first thing she asked me when I got there was if she could have a sleepover and informed me that daddy had quit being the boss.  She was a sad little girl when we didn't let her stay and cried all the way home and off and on for the next couple hours until she went to sleep.  It made me think about all the sleepovers I had at my grandparents' and how I always wanted to stay another night.  I only remember one time at my grandma Bodily's when I was really little and was homesick and had to call my mom, who talked me into staying.  I loved staying there and playing with all the cousins and taking turns sleeping at either Ted and Melanie's or Steven and Vicki's.  I also loved sleepovers at grandma and grandpa Pugmire's, whether there were cousins (usually Amy or Stephanie) here or not.  We always had a great time working, playing cards, and eating ice cream-my favorite was green pineapple that they got from the Schwan's man.  I remember going to bed in the room that my kids now share and grandma reading to me, tickling my arm or back, and counting the car lights that went by until I fell asleep.  I was such a lucky kid to make so many great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment