Today I was released as the 1st counselor in the St. Charles Ward primary presidency and called to be a nursery leader. I have such mixed emotions... I have loved working with Stacey Transtrum, Shelsie Allen, Julie McLemore, and Kami McKinnon, and I have LOVED working with all the children. I have become comfortable with and even enjoyed giving sharing times, conducting, and occasionally leading the singing-all of which were daunting tasks that made me super nervous when I was first called to the presidency almost two years ago. I even played the piano one week recently-thankfully the children are very forgiving of my inadequacies! My testimony has grown because of the beautiful children I have served as well as all the teachers and leaders I have served along with. I will miss hearing the children testify of simple gospel truths and I will especially miss their singing. I was able to conduct and do sharing time one last time today, and what a blessing that was. It was hard to say goodbye to the kids in that capacity but I know that I will still see them often. The junior primary sang I am a Child of God for me and the senior primary sang We'll Bring the World His Truth. I expressed to them how much I love them and how much their Father in Heaven loves them and needs them to be His missionaries and examples.
As we met together tonight with Bishop Alan Pugmire and Brother Jason Olsen to set everyone apart for their new callings, the spirit was so strong. It became very evident to me as the new presidency (Kami McKinnon, Shelsie Allen, Cindy Garner, and Alisha Crowsen) was set apart that they were being called to the positions that were meant for them and that I am now meant to be in nursery-something that I have been struggling with a bit over the past few days. As Brother Olsen set apart Shelsie to take my place as 1st counselor, the spirit witnessed to me (with a serious burning in the bosom-a rare experience) that everything is as it should be. It was like I could feel the mantle of responsibility and blessings that go along with it being tangibly transferred from me to her. The flood gates opened and there was nothing I could do to hold back the tears. I cried out of gratitude for the time I've had in primary and for how much I will miss being there-not just for the last couple years but for the 5 years before that as a teacher in primary. I cried out of gratitude for the amazing women who will be teaching my children now. I also cried out of gratitude for having the opportunity to have such a strong witness to my heart and mind that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and He knows where I am needed most now. Brother Olsen set me apart as a nursery leader and his words were sweet and simple-yet powerful. I was reminded to always pray and to have my heart and mind be open. He spoke of how important the nursery is both as an opportunity to spend time with those tender little children, loving and teaching them, as well as allowing others in the ward to attend to their own classes and learning. I will be working with Sister Edee Perkins for now and I couldn't be more happy about that. I loved the time we spent serving together in the Young Women presidency and I look forward to spending time with her again. I will also be working with Liza Transtrum, who has become a staple in nursery as the one who takes care of organizing the treats and some of the other small but important tasks. I know that I will love serving the little ones and I'm sure that I will learn a lot from them.
No comments:
Post a Comment